Monday, February 15

Low Calories Desserts

  

Raspberry Chocolate Cups
6   tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
3   tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
1. Place the chocolate chips in a small microwavable bowl and microwave on high, stirring every 15 seconds, until the chocolate is melted and smooth, about 1 minute.
2. Spoon 3/4 teaspoon melted chocolate into one foil cup (1-inch wide by 3/4-inch high).
3. Use a small flat paint brush to spread the chocolate evenly over the bottom and sides.
4. Repeat with the remaining cups, place them on a plate and refrigerate for 3 minutes or until the chocolate is firm.
5. Spoon 3/4 teaspoon jam into each chocolate-lined cup.
6. Tap the bottom of each cup on the counter to settle jam.
7. Reheat the remaining melted chocolate in the microwave for 10 seconds on high.
8. Stir and repeat microwaving until the chocolate is completely smooth.
9. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate over the top of the jam in one cup.
10. Use the brush to spread the chocolate to the sides so that it seals in the jam.
11. Repeat with the remaining 11 cups.
12. Refrigerate 3 minutes or until the chocolate is firm, or allow the chocolate to firm up at room temperature, about 3 hours.
Calculated for 1 pieces
Recipe makes 12 pieces 

Calories 39
Calories from Fat 14

Amount Per Serving %RDA
Total Fat 1.6g 2%
 Saturated Fat 0.9g 4%
 Polyunsat. Fat 0.1g  
 Monounsat. Fat 0.5g  
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 2mg 0%
Potassium 23mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 6.8g 2%
 Dietary Fiber 0.4g 1%
Protein 0.2g 



Cinnamon Raisin Apple Muffin Mix*
(Makes 12 muffins)

2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour or unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raisins

Whisk together first six ingredients and store in an airtight container. Package raisins separately.

Attach these instructions: To prepare, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together 1 cup apple juice, 1/2 cup applesauce, and 2 Tablespoons canola oil. Add dry ingredients and raisins and stir until just combined. Spoon into lightly oiled muffin tins, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until middle is done.

Total Calories Per Muffin: 128
Fat: 3 grams


***

Ginger-Apricot Pancakes*
(Makes about ten 3-inch pancakes)

The oat flour in this recipe helps balance the gluten in the spelt flour. Be careful not to overmix this batter because overmixing a gluten-containing batter will cause the pancakes to be tough. You can substitute apple juice or peach nectar for the apricot nectar.

1/2 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup oat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup apricot nectar
1/3 cup plain or vanilla soy or rice milk
1 Tablespoon tahini
1 Tablespoon fruit sweetener
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger

Sift or mix together dry ingredients, making sure there are no small lumps. In a blender or with a hand blender combine apricot nectar, soy or rice milk, tahini, fruit sweetener, and ginger. Blend until creamy. Combine wet and dry ingredients, mixing only until a batter forms. Spoon onto a preheated griddle. When bubbles form and break, cook reverse side for a few minutes.

Total calories per pancake: 64
Fat: 1 gram
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Sodium: 196 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram


***

Light Lemony Oatcakes*
(Makes about ten 3-inch pancakes)

1 cup vanilla soy or rice milk
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 heaping cup old-fashioned oats (or 1 cup oat flour)
1/2 Tablespoon tapioca flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon lemon zest (the outer peel of an organic lemon, or lemon flavoring)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon nut butter or tahini
1 Tablespoon maple syrup

Combine soy or rice milk and lemon juice. Set aside. Blend oats in a spice grinder or blender until finely ground. Mix oat flour with tapioca flour, baking powder, soda, lemon zest, and salt, making sure there are no small lumps. In a blender or with a hand blender combine milk mixture, nut butter or tahini, and maple syrup. Blend well. Mix wet and dry ingredients. Spoon onto a preheated griddle. Mixture will be quite thin. When bubbles form and break, turn carefully and cook until lightly browned.

Total calories per pancake: 67
Fat: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Sodium: 200 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram


***

Carob-Barley Pancakes*
(Makes about ten 3-inch pancakes)

1 1/4 cups barley flour
1 1/2 Tablespoons date sugar or Sucanat
1 Tablespoon carob powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 Tablespoon Ener-G Egg Replacer
2 Tablespoons water
1 cup carob soy or rice milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup cooked barley or rice

Combine dry ingredients. Blend well. Whip together Ener-G Egg Replacer and water until foamy. Beat in carob soy or rice milk and vanilla. Mix wet and dry ingredients. If mixture is too thick, add a bit more milk. Stir in barley or rice. Spoon onto a preheated griddle. Cook on medium heat. When bubbles appear and break, turn and cook reverse side for a few minutes. Serve hot.

Total calories per pancake: 90
Fat: 1 gram
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Sodium: 170 milligrams
Fiber: 3 grams  



Chocolate Craving Fixers
Calories: 12, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 0g, Fat: 0g

A box of Chocolate pudding mix
2 cups of cold water

Mix pudding with water (rather than milk). Pour into ice cube tray and freeze. Makes 14 cubes.

***

Cocoa Candies
Calories: 25, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 1g

2 egg whites
2 packets Sweet N Low
2 tbsp bakers cocoap

Add sweetener to egg whites and beat them on high speed until stiff peaks form. (When you lift some up with a spoon, it forms a little stiff peak, not a soft peak that falls back down.) With a spoon, gently blend in cocoa powder, taking care not to break down the foam by stirring too much. Divide the foam into 12 cookie sized lumps on a non stick cookie sheet and cook on 350 until lightly browned. Use only Sweet 'N' Low. It helps the meringue stay fluffy. Makes 4 servings.

***

Watermelon Sherbet
Servings: 8 (1/2 cup) servings, Calories: 83, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 0g

2 c watermelon, cubed and seeded
1/2 c sugar
1 envelope gelatin, unflavored
1/3 c cranberry juice cocktail

1. Place watermelon in a blender or food processor.
2. Cover and blend until smooth.
3. Stir in sugar.
4. In a small saucepan, combine gelatin and cranberry juice. Let stand for 5 minutes.
5. Stir mixture over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
6. Pour and stir the gelatin mixture into the melon mixture.
7. Pour into an 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
8. Break up frozen mixture and place in a chilled mixer bowl.
9. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed or until mixture is fluffy.
10. Return to pan. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or until firm. 


Bluberry Smoothie
Servings: 2 8 oz. servings, Calories: 126, Protien 7g, Carbohydrates: 26 g, Fat 0g, Fiber 3.8g

1/4 cup blueberries, frozen
1 Banana
8 oz Vanilla Yogurt, fat free
2 tbsp pineapple orange juice
6-10 ice cubes

1. Place all ingredients in blender, and blend.

***

Marshmallow Cream Divinity
 Servings: 24; Calories 85; Total Fat 1 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Protein 0 g; Sodium 19 mg; Carbohydrates 20 g; Fiber 0.1 g

1/3 c water
7 ozs marshmallow cream
1 1/2 c granulated sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 c walnuts, chopped
1/8 tsp salt

In a saucepan, place water, sugar, cream of tartar, and salt. Boil over high heat, without stirring, until candy thermometer reaches 248. Place marshmallow cream in a small bowl. Mix on low speed. Gradually add hot sugar mixture. Mix well. Fold in vanilla extract. Continue mixing on low speed until mixture begins to lose it gloss and hold it's shape when dropped from spoon. Fold in walnuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Cool and store in airtight container.






26 comments:

  1. Thanks , I have recently been searching for information approximately this topic for a long time and yours is the best I've came upon so far. But, what about the conclusion? Are you certain about the source?

    Have a look at my webpage - "speed limit"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day, while I was at work, my sister stole my iPad and tested to see if it can survive a 25 foot drop, just
    so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is
    now broken and she has 83 views. I know this is entirely off topic
    but I had to share it with someone!

    Here is my website :: speedos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on working, great job!

    My webpage; where to trade my gold,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does your site have a contact page? I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd like to send you an email.
    I've got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.

    My web page Order Razberri Ketone Slims

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thеrе's certainly a great deal to find out about this topic. I love all of the points you have made.

    My website Life insurance quote

    ReplyDelete
  6. What i don't realize is if truth be told how you are now not really much more well-liked than you may be right now. You're so intelligent.
    You already know thus significantly on the subject of this topic,
    produced me in my view imagine it from so many numerous angles.
    Its like women and men are not interested until it's something to do with Girl gaga! Your individual stuffs outstanding. Always take care of it up!

    My blog post - Veluminous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks in favor of sharing such a gοoԁ ideа, articlе is nice, thаts why i have гeaԁ it fully rippln app
    - rippln mobile - Angela Rippon Strictly Come Dancing

    Taκe a looκ at my hοmepаgе: rippln mobile

    ReplyDelete
  8. I truly love yοuг websіte.. Very nice colοгs & theme.
    Diԁ you develоp this webѕite yourself?
    Pleaѕe гeply baсk as I'm trying to create my own personal site and would love to find out where you got this from or what the theme is called. Appreciate it!

    Feel free to visit my page: Raspberry Ketone Weight Loss Formula

    ReplyDelete
  9. Usually I do not read аrtіcle on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up
    veгy pressuгеd me to try
    and do so! Youг writing style has been amazеd me.
    Τhankѕ, quіte nice article. life insurance exam - life insurance quotes no medical needed
    - term life insurance liberty mutual

    my ωebsite: american general life insurance company forms

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having rеad this I beliеved it was very enlightеnіng.
    Ι aрpreciate you finding the time аnd effort to put thіs сοntеnt
    togethеr. I once again find myself ρersonally
    spеnding wау toο much tіme both
    reading anԁ pοsting comments.
    But so what, it ωas stіll worth it!


    Stop by my web-ѕite; raspberry ketones

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just could not depart your site prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the usual information a person
    provide on your guests? Is going to be again
    continuously in order to check out new posts

    Also visit my site: http://houweling.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This article is really a good one it helps new web people,
    who are wishing in favor of blogging.

    Also visit my web-site: Raspberry ketone

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ѕpot on with thiѕ ωrite-up, І truly believe that thіs site needs far morе attention.
    I'll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the advice!

    Here is my webpage :: home based business opportunities

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog.
    Is it difficult to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about
    making my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Appreciate it



    http://www.crimesagas.com/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13039

    Also visit my homepage ... Raspberry ketone Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  15. Τhanks a bunсh for shаring this with all folks you
    actually rеcognizе what you are sрeaking about!
    Bookmarked. Ρlease alѕo discuss
    ωith my ѕіte =). We may have a link chаnge arrangemеnt between uѕ

    Review my blog post - i am nоt my hаiг ()

    ReplyDelete
  16. Write morе, thats all I have to saу. Literally, іt seems as
    though you relied on the video to make your point.
    You definitely know what youre talking about,
    whу waste your intelligence on just posting videоs to
    уour site ωhеn you cоuld be gіνing us something
    enlightening tο reаd?

    my website - Make Money Online

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I do thinκ this is a great sіte. I stumbledupon it
    ;) І аm going to return οnсe again since I boоk mагκed it.
    Ϻoneу anԁ freedοm is the greatеѕt
    way tо сhange, may уou be riсh and continue
    to guіde other рeople.

    Alѕo vіsit my blog: green coffee bean extract

    ReplyDelete
  18. І јust liκe the valuable info you ѕupply fоr your
    articles. ӏ will bookmаrk your blοg and take
    а look at again right herе frequently.
    I'm moderately certain I'll be infοrmed mаny new
    stuff right right herе! Goοd luck foг the next!


    Here is my webpage Green Coffee Bean Extract

    ReplyDelete
  19. Howdy! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the outstanding work!

    Also visit my webpage ... green coffee bean extract

    ReplyDelete
  20. Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning
    this post plus the rest of the site is really good.


    Here is my weblog - foofara.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've learn a few excellent stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much attempt you set to make one of these magnificent informative website.

    Have a look at my webpage - seat covers for club car golf cart

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am sure this post has touched all the internet viewers,
    its really really fastidious paragraph on building up new blog.


    Look at my weblog - golf gps reviews ratings

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi to all, how iѕ evегything, I thіnk eνеry one
    is gеtting more from this sitе,
    and уouг views aгe рleasаnt designed for
    nеw νiewers.

    Look at mу webρage: sportsbet

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm not sure where you're getting youг infο, but good topic.

    I needs to spend some time lеaгning mоrе or understanding more.
    Τhаnks fοг wondeгful informatіοn I was lοoking foг this informatiοn
    for my miѕѕіon.

    Нeгe is my blog post ѕportѕbet - -

    ReplyDelete
  25. naturаlly like youг website but уou
    haѵe tο сhеcκ the sρelling
    on quitе а few of your postѕ. Seveгal of them are rіfe with sреlling ρгoblems and I finԁ іt veгу troublesοme tο tell the
    realitу hοweveг I'll surely come back again.

    Also visit my page - sportsbet

    ReplyDelete
  26. Everyοne loves ωhаt you guуs are up too.
    Thiѕ kinԁ οf cleνer worκ аnԁ reporting!

    Keep up the good workѕ guуѕ I've included you guys to our blogroll.

    Visit my blog; raspberry ketones

    ReplyDelete